New to effective altruism or not, there is always more to learn. We've highlighted five of the best sources for continued discovery and growth.
1. The Effective Altruism Handbook - The comprehensive starting point - a collection of essays forming a general introduction to the movement (on 150 pages).
Alternatively, here are three short appetisers:
2. Fear and Loathing at Effective Altruism Global 2017 - A fun recap of the big 2017 EA conference in San Francisco (20 minute read).
3. Purchase Fuzzies and Utilons separately - How to care for and help others and stay happy yourself (6 minute read).
4. The past, present and future of EA - A presentation from the Effective Altruism Global conference 2016 (56 minutes - you can watch it on twice the speed!)
And if you really want it all, we whole-heartedly recommend taking the time to read an entire book:
5. Rationality: From A[rtificial intelligence] to Z[ombies] - Rationality is key to Effective Altruism. Not cold, heartless, Hollywood-style rationality, but real rationality where you recognise and make full use of your fuzzy intuitions and emotions. This book is a thorough guide for improving the way we think.
If you are looking for a specific resource, get in touch!