New to effective altruism or not, there is always more to learn. We've highlighted five of the best sources for continued discovery and growth.
1. The Effective Altruism Handbook - The comprehensive starting point - a collection of essays forming a general introduction to the movement, on 150 pages.
Alternatively, here are three short appetisers:
2. A year in EA: observations and criticism (and tofu) - A review of the year 2015-2016 by an active EA (16 minute read).
3. Purchase Fuzzies and Utilons separately - How to care for and help others and stay happy yourself (6 minute read).
4. The past, present and future of EA - A presentation from the Effective Altruism Global conference 2016 (56 minutes - you can watch it double speed!)
And if you really want it all, we whole-heartedly recommend taking the time to read an entire book:
5. Rationality: From A[rtificial intelligence] to Z[ombies] - Rationality is key to Effective Altruism. Not cold, heartless, Hollywood-style rationality, but real rationality where you recognise and make full use of your fuzzy intuitions and emotions. This book is a thorough guide for improving the way we think.
If you are looking for a specific resource, get in touch!